WHY RESEARCH FIRST…
We suggest you research complexes online before choosing to market to them to determine:
- Proximity of the complex to your business.
- People are busy. They won’t want to travel too far to do business with you.
- If you are a Loan Originator or Real Estate agent, you can look up estimated rent paid.
- Help determine if they can afford a home in your area.
- Determine the number of units per complex.
- Help you budget the cost of marketing to the complex. Costs to include: Printing of marketing materials & necessary postage.
- If after researching online, you are unable to find the “estimated” number of units for a complex you’re interested in purchasing, please email Jenna@ApartmentToolKit.com (include the complex name and main mailing address – city, state, zip) and we can do a quick internet search to see if we can locate the unit count for you.
- Call the complex to find out the vacancy percentage.
- Or drive by the complex at night and see if the parking lot is full and if there are lots of lights on at the complex within units).
- One of the main reasons mailings are returned to you is due to unoccupied units.
SUGGESTED WEBSITES TO LOCATE COMPLEXES IN YOUR AREA…
Here are several suggested websites we recommend that you check out before you begin marketing to apartment complexes or buy a mailing list.
[If you don’t know the names of the apartment complexes, you can search by just City or Zip Code.]
No website contains every single apartment complex so that’s why we suggest you check all the sites suggested.
The Yellow Pages is another great resource to locate complexes in your area.
LOAN ORIGINATOR & REAL ESTATE AGENTS RESEARCH/MARKETING DOWNLOADABLE ARTICLES:
- Top 10 Tips for Loan Originators & Real Estate Agents Marketing to Apartment Dwellers
- Why Market to Apartment Complex Dwellers?
- How to Target the Right Apartments Complexes
- Don't Renew Your Lease - Sample Postcard
- Free Report Marketing - Effective Strategy
- What You Need to Know about 1st Time Homebuyers Who Live in Apartment Complexes!
- National Association of Realtors® - Home Buyer Profile Survey 2016